Jan 17, 2017
Once you decide on which auction is the best fit for you, read these simple tips that will help make your live Fort Wayne auction a success:
- Don’t forget to grab a pen and paper to take notes, a value book (if applicable), your photo identification, and your checkbook! These items are necessities. It’s also always a good idea to call the auctioneer’s staff or check their website ahead of time to verify what form of payment they accept.
- It pays to dress comfortably, so leave your high heels or dress slacks at home.
- Arrive early so you can preview the merchandise. This inspection will help you determine just how much you are willing to pay for each item.
- Don’t forget to register with the auctioneer’s staff. Registering is also a great time to ask any questions you might have about delivery or if there is a buyer’s premium.
- Once bidding begins, pay attention! You don’t want to miss your item or accidentally bid on the wrong one.
- When you want to bid on an item, raise your paddle, your hand, or gesture to the auctioneer or Fort Wayne auction staff so that the auctioneer takes your bid. From that point on, you should be able to accept or deny a higher bid with a simple nod of the head.
- Don’t jump the gun! Remember that although fun and often competitive, the auction process is still an official, legal business transaction. You certainly do not want to raise the price if you are not willing to pay it. Therefore, know ahead of time which items are most important to you and how much you are willing to pay for them.
- If you win, remember that you have entered into a contractual agreement to purchase that item. Be sure to pay either the Bookkeeper or the Clerk promptly.
With these tips, you should be able to successfully navigate your way around a live auction in Fort Wayne Indiana.