Join us Every Thursday
Indiana Auto Auction offers auto auctions open to the general public. These offers public auctions are held every Thursday and us a great place to buy repossessed cars at a discounted price.
Public auto auctions run just like other auctions would, complete with auctioneer, sellers, bidders and a variety of vehicles for sale. The public auction atmosphere is fun and adrenaline-pumping. View our public auction Run List to see if we currently have the automobile for you. Remember our inventory changes constantly so if you don’t find what you’re looking for right now, keep checking back.
Please note that some selling institutions do not allow some of their repossessed vehicles to be sold to the public. Those vehicles will have a "No Public Buyers" sticker posted on the windshield on the day of the sale.
Public Auction Rules:
- All units are sold “as is”
- Auction Guarantee is for dealers only
- $500 CASH deposit is due at the time of registration
- Public will bid on Repossessed “R7” and “R8” units ONLY. Selling institutions reserve the right to not sell certain vehicles to public buyers
- When repossessed vehicles are done selling you mist immediately return to the registration desk with your receipt and bidder badge to get your deposit back
- If you purchase a vehicle, the deposit will be added to the purchase price
- Buyer’s fee and sales tax will be added to the purchase price
- Vehicles must be paid for by the end of the day on Thursday and must be paid either by cash or cashier’s check. Vehicles not paid for in full by 5:00pm on Thursday of the sale will result in the forfeiture of your deposit
- If you bid on or attempt to have someone bid for you on any other vehicle you will forfeit your deposit and be banned from any future auctions.
- If you are the high bid winner, you have to sign paperwork and you will be given a pink copy. If your purchase is a conditional sale “IF” is shown on the bottom copy. The seller has until 3:00pm to accept or decline your bid. If you bid on more than one vehicle and all your bids are accepted either outright or with a conditional sale, you are responsible to pay for all of them.
- The title will be made out in the name of the registered bidder (no exceptions)
- You my look at repossessed vehicle on Wednesday’s from 3:00pm – 5:00pm. You my start the vehicle, but under no condition can you move the vehicle.
- Vehicles announced “TA and/or Title Attached” means that they seller has 21 days from the date of the sale to produce a valid title for the purchased vehicle.
- Do no remove keys from any vehicle and do not lock the doors of any vehicle that you look at and/or start
Failure to adhere to any of these rules will result in for
forfeiture of your deposit and being banned from any future auctions. Some
exceptions to these rules occur at a GSA (Government) Sale. Contact us for more